To be eligible for the Child Care Subsidy, a number of requirements must be met.
The child must
- be a ‘Family Tax Benefit child’ or ‘regular care chid’ and
- be 13 or under and not attending secondary school and
- meet immunisation requirements.
The person claiming the Child Care Subsidy, or their partner, must
- meet residency requirements and
- meet the Child Care Subsidy activity test (or be eligible for an exemption) and
- be liable to pay for care provided under a Complying Written Arrangement (the agreement) with their child care provider.
Child care must be provided by an approved provider in Australia and not be part of a compulsory education program, for example school.
Further information can be found on the Australian Government Department of Human Services website.
Below is a link to Centrelink’s CCS Calculator, developed to assist Australian parents estimate their CCS eligibility and possible payment.
Click here for Child Care Subsidy Calculator